Lanzerac - a national monument beautifully situated in Jonkershoek valleyIn 1692 the farm Schoongezicht with 21 Morgan of virgin soil was granted to Isaac Schrijver by Simon van der Stel. The white gabled manor house was built
in 1830 by Coenraad Fick. Later owners have added more buildings to this wine
farm. Mrs Elisabeth Katharina English purchased the farm in 1914 and renamed it
Lanzerac. She restored and developed the outbuildings, enlarged the manor house
and turned it into a superb colonial home filled with antiques.
The Rawdon brothers bought the property in 1958 and converted the homestead and outbuildings into a luxury hotel.
In 1990 Lanzerac was bought and beautifully restored by the businessman Christo Wiese.
See the website of the Lanzerac Manor & Winery
Painting by Cora Coetzee Photo by Willem Malherbe
www.StellenboschWriters.com © Rosemarie Breuer Books
Find Afrikana and other books at bidorbuy.co.za